~ Mimi's Adventures in Crafting ~

The musings and adventures of a "forty-something" wife and mother whose inner-artisan has been reignited. Enter my realm and enjoy....


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lady Grey: Work Continues

Back stay installed onto the wrong side of the sewn back piece. After finishing off all that lovely pad stitching, work shifted to the constructi0n of the main body pieces of my jacket.  Prior to sewing the shoulder seams I stay stitched a back stay into my jacket to help maintain the shape over the upper back and shoulder area.   This piece was fairly easy to create by tracing off the upper portion of  the sewn jacket back onto my stay material and then pinking the lower edge of the stay.  It is then stay stitched to the wrong side of the jacket back along the side, arm, shoulder and neck seams.  Then with right sides together the jacket front and back were sewn at the shoulder and side seams.  So many wonderful techniques in this SAL.

Will be back tomorrow with underlining work and setting in my sleeves.

Happy Sewing…

Mimi O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails