~ Mimi's Adventures in Crafting ~

The musings and adventures of a "forty-something" wife and mother whose inner-artisan has been reignited. Enter my realm and enjoy....


Monday, September 27, 2010

Felted Purse Revisited

 Completed Felted Purse

Just a quick post on the completion of one of my latest projects; after having knit this purse for my daughter and her two college friends I finally had the opportunity to make one for myself.  I used “The Pink Lady” pattern by “Designs by Shelley” knit in Lamb’s Pride Worsted Wool in Royal Purple Flutter (M-270) and Kiwi (M-191). I previously posted about this pattern in Felted Purse~Pink Lady.

As always I feel a bag is not complete unless it is lined so I went through my stash and unearthed a silk crepe-back purple satin that had been used for a formal gown I made for myself for a wedding at the St. Regis in New York City. I knew saving those scarps from the gown would come in handy one day!

The finishing touch…a beautiful handcrafted glass button.

An enjoyable project to knit as well as sew!!

 

 

 

 

 

 Before Felting After Felting

           Before Felting                                  After Felting

Installing Magnetic Clasp  Right side of clasp

                 Installing Magnetic Clasp                                            Right Side

Layering Lining for Inside Pocket  Strap, Tab, Front  & Back Lining

      Layering Lining for Inside Pocket                        Strap, Tab, Front & Back Lining

  Felted Purse with Lining Pieces Hand Sewing Lining to Purse

         Felted Purse with Lining Pieces                         Hand Sewing Lining into Purse

 Handcrafted Glass Button  Finished Project

              Handcrafted Glass Button                                  Finished Project

 

                                                            Happy Sewing :-D

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails