~ Mimi's Adventures in Crafting ~

The musings and adventures of a "forty-something" wife and mother whose inner-artisan has been reignited. Enter my realm and enjoy....


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hurray....it's a SNOW DAY!!!


With the holidays upon us my time on the computer has diminished. I have been busy sewing and knitting but I just haven't had the time to sit down and blog about it. I’ve taken all sorts of pictures and have posts in mind but the hustle and bustle of the holiday season has slowed me down to a point where time is precious and those Christmas gifts need to be completed before any posting can be done. Oh how I want to tell you about all I’ve accomplished over the past few weeks but time is of the essence, which brings me to today's post…SNOW DAY!

Just the words alone bring back memories of sitting by the radio, listening, hoping and praying the announcer would call your schools name and say the much anticipated words…"Such & Such School is now CLOSED."

Well…today is one of those days…One can only smile in how your lifestyle can be brought to a screeching hault by a tiny, miniscule frozen item when combined with millions of other tiny, frozen flakes to give you a snow prediction of 5-9 inches. To be given the opportunity to take a breath during this busy season and take stock of what truly is important and to slow down if only for a moment is heaven.

I am taking this moment in time to just relax, have a cup of coffee and enjoy the view from my sliding glass door overlooking the deck and the forest below. Oh how I love the freshness of a new fallen snow and watching the birds come to the feeder. It is so peaceful and calming.

Life is good…Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails