~ Mimi's Adventures in Crafting ~

The musings and adventures of a "forty-something" wife and mother whose inner-artisan has been reignited. Enter my realm and enjoy....


Sunday, October 18, 2009

And so it begins...

Recently I have been inspired by what I have viewed in other individuals blogs so thought that I would give this a shot and create a blog about my adventures in crafting and share the knowledge that I have gained over the years.

I suppose a little background information on who I am and where my “craftiness” had its beginnings would be in order. I am a “forty-something” wife, mother and “Jane of all Trades...” I do work outside the home part-time doing computer work for a local highway department but my passion is for crafting, hiking and white water kayaking.

As with many working Moms I’ve had to juggle the various hats one has to wear. My husband and I have made it through the extremely busy high school years and the activities that accompany it with our daughter. In recent years that busy lifestyle has gradually decreased as our daughter has gotten older and has become more independent while attending college. We are now in the twilight of the college experience with her being in her senior year. There is “light” at the end of the proverbial “college” tunnel.

As to the origins of my crafting abilities I can say with 100% assuredness that my Mom has taught me most of what I know. My father contributed as well being an excellent carpenter and craftsman who was meticulous in everything he did right down to the smallest detail. My mom is an accomplished artist in her own right. She draws, paints, sews, knits and is a wonderful cook. What I didn’t learn from my parents has been self-taught. My all time favorite hobbies are sewing and knitting. But I also love to paint (oil, acrylic, and watercolor), crochet, help my husband with his woodworking projects as well as porcelain doll crafting from pouring the mold right down to dressing the doll, and in general…love starting any new crafting project. At the present…wood burning on gourds holds a special interest that I haven’t followed through with yet. But hopefully sometime soon….

So…now that you have some background information let us enter….

“My Adventures in Crafting…”

Welcome & Enjoy!!!

~michele aka Mimi O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails